heortlings vs. monsters

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:57:47 +0300 (EET DST)

<snip a lot of good stuff by Bryan>
: "It is hard to kill another
:person, much easier to kill a semi-monstrous enemy that you hate." I
:suspect that along those lines the Heortlings are much deadlier (not
:necessarily more effective, just deadlier) when fighting non-
:Heortlings (or when pursuing ancient blood feuds). I suspect the
:lunar petty officers excel at whipping up a frenzy of hate against
:the enemies of the red goddess. "Inspire hate of enemy" sounds like
:a good petty-officer skill! For that matter, there must be a way to
:get around at least some of the multiple targets penalty when you
:want to share your "Hate the Black Oaks" trait. Maybe somehow
:through oratory?
:
:--Bryan

This is what the post got me thinking about too. I'm sure that when Heortlings battle trolls or tuskriders the normal aversion to killing is much reduced, and the deathtolls are high on both sides.

But I'd say that heortlings that live close to trolls can actually develop relation pretty similar to those regarding nearby heortling clans. They raid us, we raid them. Excess killing is not good. Trollkin are propably free game though, and the Uz aren't going to be too upset about losing some.

        -Adept