Tula

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 13:42:00 +0300 (EET DST)

How do the buildings and people group in a Herotling (Sartarite highlands) tula?

I assume theres the Chiefs "village", often surrounded by at least a wooden palisade. The chiefs hall (longhouse) in the center, and temples, crafters and kin within the palisade.

The Tula is big though, so they can't be all grouped together. From what I remember from TR at the moment, I seem to recall that Thanes (or at least the nobles... earls?) can have their own longhouses, and their own little villages surrounding them.

So do we have the tula dotted with half a dozen, more or less fortified, "villages"? Do the cottars live within also?

I'm trying to figure out what the tula looks like. Parhaps even make a computer picture of one.

The Pendragon supplement "Saxons" is rather inspiring. The pictures are really good. the town picture on page 49 seems to be a rather good inspiration for the chiefs hall and it's surroundings. A bit too big, parhaps. Tribal kings hall?

        -Adept