Re: Re: Clearwine and Hill Forts [was Tula]

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 12:49:04 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 9 May 2001 ian_hammond_cooper_at_... wrote:

> Yes, dating from the EWF. By strange conincidence our heroes are in
> adventuring in Clearwine as we speak, so I have written it up for our
> game. I used Celtic hill forts as a model, but also remember that in
> the Storm Realm in TR, Aedin's Wall encircles a 'hill fort'

			 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I so loved that!

<snip>
> Of course the Colymar found Clearwine - they did not construct it,so
> the question of resources to build one is somewhat moot.

This is news to me. I always tought that the Colymar built the earthworks when they arrived. Nicely when they were the only humans in the area and largely undisturbed.

Building hillforts seems to be so fitting for the Orlanthi.

So... are there more of these EWF era fortifications that have been found and used by the Quivini? I don't much like the idea of the cities that Sartar built looking like the one from Jabberwoch, or any other medieval style stonewalled cities. My working model has been a rather spacious town encircled by a hillfort defence that has been strengthened by Sartars skill and magic with stone. (parhaps a few meters high stone wall on top of the earthworks, or some such.

In fact, are we getting some pictures/detail of the cities of Sartar in Stormtribe (cult of Sartar?), or Sartar Rising?

If somebody feels she is / is in the know about this, I'd love to hear how the cities are supposed to look like.

        -Adept