Nice Argrath

From: Manolo <superyo_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1980 23:01:46 -0600

<< I remember a passage from Joseph Campbell's "Hero With a Thousand Faces" where
 he describes what happens to the hero in his/her elder years. (Don't have my copy handy so I cannot give a page number.) The hero is fine while she struggles against the tyrant, but once victory is hers she becomes the tyrant
Holdfast, who clings to the power she has acquired. She becomes, in the end,
the villain.>>

      Certainly this is a valid option for a campaign - indeed, I rather like
the tyrannical Argrath of KoS and the obvious 'Argrath Must Die' plots that would likely be the climax to such a campaign. But just because Campbell says
something, doesn't mean it has to be that way in everyone's Glorantha - after
all, he was a mythologian, not a roleplayer ;-). It should be an option, of course, but not the only option, IMO.

Trotsky

Ok, so you have joined very different allies, you have destroyed the common enemy... and now begins the hard tasks, everyone will annoy you with their stupid feuds cause they have no better things to do, are you going to be a weak king? How much time will you retain your different followers? An empire isnt easy to keep, if you are a strong king you are an evil emperor and if you are weak one you are... dead. Come on, let your PC become the king and then be so nice, make him suffer... and let us know if he builds the Utopy he wants.

Manolo