DH Army dates

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:12:06 -0400

> << I really liked the article about Dara Happan Army (glorantha.com), but Im
> not familiar whit the time (date) system that is used there. Example
> 111,380??? what does that mean? >>

The long dates are the old Dara Happan (pre Lunar) dating system. The year 111,000 YS is the Dawn, so just subtract this number to get the current year in ST.

For example: 112,621 YS is really 1621 ST (7/50 Lunar).

I think the system dates back to the mythical year that Yelm was enthroned Emperor of the Gods. The mythic first Emperor of Dara Happa, Murharzarm, is said to be 60,000 years later. Naturally, the pre-dawn dates should not be taken literally since they were actually written down after the Dawn.

Much more info on Dara Happan dates can be found on Peter Metcalfe's excellent timeline:

http://www.voyager.co.nz/~metcalph/oslihist.html

Hope this helps!

~Kevin