Re: Lunar Army article

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:39:50 -0000

Roderick:

> Line Infantry/Medium infantry - lighter armor than a heavy
infantryman, but
> otherwise similarly armed.

    Yet 'line regiments' are categorised separately from 'medium infantry' regiments. Hmmm...

> Osprey publishes a large number of books on various aspects of
warriors -
> some focus on the army of a particualr time/place/general (Armies of
the X),
> some on a particualr type of warrior (Germanic Warrior, Roman
Cavalryman),
> some on particualr battles or campaigns (Battle of Hastings), etc.
Be
> warned, they are ~$20US per book, and you can go broke getting all
of them,
> even if just for a particular period.

   Yeah, that's why I've only bought their medieval stuff so far (Hail Loskalm!). I will get some of the pre-medieval ones eventually, but I'll have to save up my pocket money first ;-)

   Of course, I should make it clear that, on the whole, I'm very impressed with Martin's work on the Lunar Army and I hope I don't seem to be being negative about it. The Loskalmi Army, by comparison, is essentially monolithic, but I still doubt I could have done as detailed job in describing it as Martin has with the Lunars/Dara Happans.

Trotsky