Re: Archaeology in Glorantha

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:54:55 -0000

Oh, and as for getting out the word that you have found something wonderful and powerful, what do you think all those Heortling warriors have the "boast" skill for!

Mind you, IMO the most interesting special items are the ones that are either very useful but only in very specific situations (the sword that is amazing--if you are defending an ernalda the queen devotee, the boots that let my make amazing leaps, but only towards Kero Finn and only when you can see the mountain mother), or else that are slightly useful in a broad number of situations if you can just think of ways to use it (the rock that always floats two feet off of the ground, the torch that never burns out, the mirror that lets you see with spirit sight), or finally that are mixed blessings and curses (spear that is walking death to trolls, but that will automatically mark you as a troll enemy). I never found the "+1 sword", or for that matter even the "+10 sword of decapitation" to be very interesting. Those are basically just ways to speed up and channel the heroes development, without creating new options or challenges. All just IMO, of course.

--Bryan