120 Treasures [longish]

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 18:11:06 -0400

Here is the full list of treasures from the KING OF DRAGON PASS computer game, as examples of the kind of magic which a moderately powerful item might contain. The descriptions are those from KODP itself, so you will have to extrapolate specific HERO WARS effects.
  1. Alynx Log: Helps our sheep live longer.
  2. Amulet of Consolation: Helps the ring appease outsiders without angering our own people.
  3. Arim's Cup: A splendid cup, made for the King of Tarsh.
  4. Bag of Friendship: Makes feuds harder to start.
  5. Bag of Winds: Helps drive off foes when we're raided.
  6. Bagpipes of Ronskei: Scares off trollkin in battle.
  7. Band of One Hundred: Helps our warriors, leaders, god-talkers, hunters, and farmers in a hundred ways.
  8. Beard of Lhankor Mhy: Improves our knowledge of precedents.
  9. Bell of Uralda: Improves our luck during Earth Season.
  10. Bit of Kargzant: Helps organize the tribe.
  11. Bit That Bound Vivamort: Repels the forces of Chaos.
  12. Blacktail the Bull: A really fine bull, who sires more calves than normal.
  13. Black Spear: A mighty artifact which improves the clan's martial abilities.
  14. Board of Nails: Helps keep our farmers from becoming too unhappy.
  15. Bullroarer: Frightens horses.
  16. Burning Standard: Helps our warriors maneuver more effectively.
  17. Captured Spirit : Helps to perform rituals.
  18. Clay Cow: Keeps our cattle herds from becoming too small.
  19. Darkwind: Prevents enemies from eluding our warriors in battle.
  20. Dragon Cart: An antique cart, dating from the Dragon Empire.
  21. Dragonewt Armor: Whoever wears it excels at all things.
  22. Dragontooth Spear: Helps bypass fortifications and defenses.
  23. Dwarf Containers: Mysterious metal cylinders from the dwarfs.
  24. Earthshaker Battle Unit: Helps in raids.
  25. Eiritha's Paps : Helps calm affronted people.
  26. Eiritha's Switch: Helps convince bull-headed people.
  27. Elmal's Amber: Turns our slings and arrows into flaming missiles.
  28. Ernalda's Boots: Magic boots that grant wisdom to certain clan members.
  29. Ernalda's Oven: Bakes bread with less grain than usual.
  30. Esra's Basket: Increases the yield of barley.
  31. Eurmal's Balls: Juggling balls that increase our magic if we have a Trickster on the clan: ring.
  32. Eurmal's Shield: A brightly polished shield that helps us in battle, if a Trickster's on the ring.
  33. Eye Mirror: Improves the effectiveness of our patrols.
  34. Farwalk Sandals: Tough old sandals that increase clan magic when we take them exploring.
  35. Fear Spirits: When released, causes the enemy to flee in terror.
  36. First Arrow: A flint arrowhead with great hunting powers if Odayla is on the clan ring.
  37. Flesh Man: A strange little puppet that helps Chalana Arroy resurrect the dead.
  38. Footprints of the Wyrm: Helps us explore.
  39. Full Grown Son of Blacktail: A really fine bull, even more potent than his sire.
  40. Garland of Reeds: Indicates our friendship with the Aldryami.
  41. Glass Coin: Helps us see through the bargaining tricks of others.
  42. Godbone: Bone-shaped piece of bronze, dating from the Gods War.
  43. Goldeneye Horse: A splendid horse which helps us maneuver in battle.
  44. Golden Horseshoes: Helps with heroquesting, especially Elmal Guards the Stead.
  45. Golden Wheat Sheaf: Assists with the plant lore of our farmers and healers.
  46. Grey Net: Helps us take captives in battle.
  47. Greysage Mask: A leather mask from the Knowing God that grants certain clan members wisdom.
  48. Gustbran's Wheel: Reduces the time needed for exploration.
  49. Hammer of Urox: Helps us smite Chaos.
  50. Hate Torch: An ever-burning magic torch that grants certain clan members cunning and strength.
  51. Head of Markanth: Our ancestor's skull, which can terrify our foes in battle.
  52. Helm of Karse: Improves the morale of our weaponthanes.
  53. Heort's Balm: Turns the clan ring's practice of the law into magic for our herds.
  54. Heort's Stone: A magic stone that helps us heroquest when we are in desperate straits.
  55. Horse Skull: An item of prophecy.
  56. Horse-Spawn Bowl: Helps with many of our magic rituals.
  57. Humakt's Helm: Decreases the amount you need to sacrifice to Humakt.
  58. Humakt's Raven Banner: Wins a battle, but the standard-bearer dies.
  59. Humakt's Shield: Aids our fortifications.
  60. Humakt's Sword: Strengthens our Humakti when our battle goal is death.
  61. Humakt's Warning Rune: Warns against the Undead.
  62. Hunting Alynx: Aids us in all forms of hunting.
  63. Hunting Horn: Helps when searching for something.
  64. Ironhoof's Chain: Helps maintain good relations with the king.
  65. Iron Plow: An amazing plow that helps our farmers if Barntar is on the clan ring.
  66. Iron Spike: Helps us as long as we oppose the trolls.
  67. Jar of Gods' Earth: Allows one successful sacrifice each year to Ernalda.
  68. Kero Fin Ice: Reduces food spoilage.
  69. Kero Fin Kite: A magic kite that flies above our tula, helping sacrifices reach the gods.
  70. Klanth of Orlanth: Strengthens warriors when they charge into battle.
  71. Lead Eyes: Warriors who die in battle strengthen clan magic.
  72. Magnet of Mostal: Dampens the effects of random chance.
  73. Many-Birthing Cow: Keeps our cattle herds from becoming disastrously small.
  74. Mist Paper: When burned, creates obscuring mists.
  75. Moldy Book: Helps us compose poetry.
  76. Motion Rune Banner: An item of prophecy.
  77. Necklace of Axes: Helps those who hate the elves.
  78. Orlanth's Rattle: Helps some of our children grow up faster and become mighty warriors.
  79. Perpetual Flour: Provides food for two families each year.
  80. Poem Which Must Be Eaten: Helps in political situation.
  81. Quivin's Torc: A flowing gold torc that grants certain clan members great insights.
  82. Ralian Jewelry: Valuable, exotic jewelry.
  83. Red Leather Mask: Helps overcome skepticism.
  84. Ring Made From Vingkot's Crown: Improves our leadership abilities.
  85. Sacred Clod: Powerful weapon in tribal or royal battle, but friends are as frightened: as foes.
  86. Sacred Mark of Vingkot: Designated character gains +1 bonus to Combat rating; it's a tattoo, so: benefit ends with death of character.
  87. Scarf of Seven Runes: A magic scarf that helps us when we heroquest to the Lightbringers.
  88. Shifting Statue: A magic statue that keeps everyone amused by changing shape each season.
  89. Shimmering Cloak: Helps us evade our foes in battle.
  90. Silver Dragon: A mysterious statue from a dragonewt temple.
  91. Silver Lips of Anriar: Helps overcome reluctance.
  92. Silver Sheep: Gives our sheep more valuable wool.
  93. Silver Tongue: An ancient god-part that makes it easy to maintain a Great Temple to: Issaries.
  94. Son of Blacktail: A really fine young bull, not yet old enough to sire calves.
  95. Sorcerous Implements: Humming items from the sorcerors.
  96. Speaking Cone: Helps us contact the gods.
  97. Spirit Fetch: Reduces our expenditure of magic.
  98. Splendorbread: Adds to our magic each harvest time.
  99. Staff of Fortune: Amplifies the effects of chance.
  100. Strong Man's Toothpick: An ancient log which gives certain clan members strength and resolution.
  101. Tarshite Woad: Helps us burn enemy steads.
  102. Thanestriker: Gives one of our best warriors the strength of three men.
  103. Three Bean Broth: Helps us bargain.
  104. Tiger's Eye Necklace: Helps us track things down and find them.
  105. Torc of Honor: Other clans think more highly of us.
  106. Tornado Rope: Untie the knot in battle to unleash a killing storm.
  107. Triceratops Plow Team: Increases clan magic during planting season; eats as much as 24 cows.
  108. Tube of Truth-Seeking: Helps discern the truth.
  109. Uralda's Milk Pot: Helps with animal husbandry.
  110. Vargast's Ring: Keeps our warriors happy, making it easier to recruit weaponthanes.
  111. Veil of Chalana Arroy: Helps calm vengeful people.
  112. Vinga's Comb: A mighty sword ‹ if Vinga is on the clan ring, Vingans and Orlanthi gain prowess.
  113. Voriof's Flute: The Shepherd God's toy gives certain clan members special daring and prowess.
  114. Voss Varainu Tapestry: Ancient tapestry with draconic motifs, but no magical qualities.
  115. Whirlwind Jar: Break the jar in battle to unleash a killing storm.
  116. White Calf: Increases the fertility of our herds.
  117. Widebrew: Gives us berserker fury when we aim to kill as many enemies as possible.
  118. Winking Sapphire: A splendid jewel, with no magical qualities.
  119. Wolfbane Bush: Keeps the Telmori werewolves away.
  120. Wyter's Staff: Helps our reputation for justice and good judgement.
--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and