Re: Re: Storm Tribe

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:36:10 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Tim Ellis wrote:

> 1) It might mean that Wind Lords are considerably less common than
> previously thought...

Thunder Rebels states half a dozen or less at any one time in Dragon Pass.

> 2) Isn't every Orlanthi Sacred Time ritual a Lightbringer Quest? That
> is to say that the Lightbringer Quest can occur in a number of
> shorter/lesser forms as well as the full "Bringing back a Hero from
> Hell" form performed by the likes of Harmast and Argrath. While the
> Prospective Windlord needs to fulfill the role of his God in his last
> and greatest action of GodTime, he needn't succeed in the full quest
> in all it's glory.

The implication is that the prospective Wind Lord must undergo the full quest himself, not take part in a portion of the lesser quest as performed in Sacred Time. Given that correcting harm done to an enemy is also a requirement, my guess is that these are often combined.

On a personal note, I got my copy in Static in Glasgow yesterday. Haven't had time to do more than skim it yet. I was running a game last night, and my Humakti stole the book and spent half an hour making 'hur hur' and 'oh yeah' noises, before re-working his character.

First impressions are good, although I suspect that Thunder Rebels remains the single 'must buy' product so far. Main complaint so far is I haven't worked out the rules for Vingans - they get to take Orlanth aspects and sub-cults, but what affinities do they get? Exactly the same as the males? Overall, Vinga is very nice, though. Nandan is a bit of a let down though - 'the Housekeeper'? Not got quite the same ring to it...

Keith, my Humakti player, also noticed that Hueymakt, war god of the ducks is mentioned - is this the first time in canon? I recall various fan publications, but not an official source. Always preferred Humquackt myself...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net