Re: Re: Vinga Cult

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:26:38 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 18 May 2001, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:

> Graham Robinson wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 18 May 2001, John Hughes wrote:
> > That would seem to be the implication - unfortunatly all I could find
> > was
> > a throw away reference to 'can join any aspect of Orlanth'.
> >
> > Thanks for clarifying!
>
> I don't think it was throwaway -- it seemed fairly straightforward.
> AFAIK, Vinga is treated as an Aspect of Orlanth that women only can join
> and that they have the SAME access to Aspects and Subcults that joining
> a man would have -- though I'd say that its not possible to drop the
> Vinga aspect as that's the vehicle for accessing the _rest_ of the
> array.

But this is the exact problem I was having - your explaination and John's don't match, but both seem to follow the write up in ST. I'll go with John's as it seems (a) simpler and (b) closer to what I had thought was probably meant.

So, unless I'm confused again, the rules for Vingans (and we're talking full Vingans, here, not the Red Woman Ernalda thing...) end up with Vingans have exactly the same magic options as Orlanthi, except they get the choice of an additional aspect and several additional sub-cults. Presumably the equivalent is true for Nandan as well.

Whereas Jeff's ends up with Vinga Aspect + Optional Orlanth Aspect + sub-cult. I think.

I'm going to re-read that section tonight.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net