Go for it

From: Jarec <jarec_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:28:47 -0000

I would just like to say to anyone here who hasn't run/played Hero Wars yet to give it a go. On Monday night my mate Paul ran his first game and it was a blast. I got to play for the first time outside of a Con (I'm usually the Narrator) and had great fun with my Odaylan Hunter (Go Bears!!!).

Now Paul was always put off the old game (Can I say R*^£Q$£!* Here?) due to the scale of the background, but he finds HW a lot more fun and approachable. For him to be running a game says a lot for how easy and fun it can be.

I for one can honestly say that I get ideas for scenarios faster than I can run them and the campaign so far is easily outlasting other games we play.

So if you are still waiting to play go for it and if you are a Narrator try getting your players to run games once in a while.

Jarec