Re: Rune Riddles in Storm Tribe & others

From: nuanarpoq_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:22:14 -0000

i've been playing around with some of the rune riddles in those books that seem to have them. i'm not going to be giving any secrets away, i think, here.

on page 126 of ST the box talks about 3 scripts given by Lhankor Mhy -  two 'standard', and stone-scratching, used in magical formulae. i have, so far, counted several different scripts (6, i think - not with my notes right now). one is, i think lunar/new pelorian, another could be earth runes (i haven't cracked that one yet, but they look like the right kind of shape). but at least four different scripts that appear heortlingish. anyone care to enlighten me? which of the sets is cat-scratching, which dog-scratching? is stone-scratching in there, or are the rest just local variants / codes, or from somewhere entirely different?

guy

> Concerning the translation of these and posting them on the list:
> I would like to ask people to not post them. Not even with a
spoiler warning.
> These are little games for those who would wish to translate them.
If you