Re: Re: Re: Orlanth chained

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:54:47 -0700

At 03:53 PM 6/21/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>> (and on a more serious note, I presume that this raw essence was *not*
>> a dragon,

The book doesn't address this, but I myself have always thought it was. . The Draconic Power can, I think, fool even the greatest simply because the nature of the dragons (especially at the magnitude of the event) is to be unknown. Dragons still have the power to be unkown, and no matter how many colors of them that we see they are still the unseen color. Was it enough to fool the collective force of thousands of the best minds and souls in the Empire?
Looks like it to me.
And please understand that the loosening of this force has other unseen consequences as well.

>> presumably the Lunars would be able to recognise dragonsign when they
>> saw it? After all, it's not as if there aren't enough dragons lying
>> around Dragon Pass for them to practice on...)
Small ones, certainly. But this thing isn't a dream dragon.

>> at least until Kallyr shaped it and called it forth, because
Cool idea, for her actions to have actually shaped it. But this is of course one of those events that occurs because of a dozen concurrent forces coincidentally perform a great action.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>