Re: Re: First Game - Questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:49:25 +1200

At 06:41 PM 8/2/01 -0000, you wrote:

>> Cultural influence is a bit of a drift from the question about
>> whether Tarsh has Elmali. There is only one Sun Dome Temple in all of
Tarsh
>> and that's situated in a remote location. Hence I don't see why
>> Tarshites should hate Elmali.

>I never said Tarshites "hate" Elmali. I thought they would "prefer"
>them for political reasons.

It was unclear what you thought about the Elmali in Tarsh. You originally stated that you required a PC listed as Elmali to become a Yelmalion or else there would be problems. I (and others) are pointing out that there are no problems. The tarshite beef is with Orlanth, not Elmal. They have no problem whatsoever with most other gods of the Orlanthi Pantheon. Ernalda even occupies a prime place in the Tarshite Pantheon. Merely because an alternative light god is worshipped in Tarsh does not mean that Tarshites prefer them over Elmal for polictical reasons.

>> The Sun Dome temples do not have neighbours "all too glad to show
>> them the errors of their ways" (Prax does, but it's not relevant
>> here). They live in Lunar territory where people prefer peace over
>> the Orlanthi ethic "raid thy neighbour as thyself".

>Tell you what, I'll quote my sources -

No offense but if we are going to debate the minutae of the sources, then the place for it is not here but the Glorantha Digest.

>On Sat, 08 Apr 2000 Peter Metcalfe said:

>Of course rebels or chaos creatures would not think to attack SDTs...

The Chaotics are not raiding the Sun Dome Templars, they are raiding Kree Mountain and those Orlanthi that support them.

>On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 Peter Metcalfe said:

>"Because Trolls were kicking arse bigtime in Aggar then."

>And Trolls are famous friends of Yelmalio...

Um, that is a reference to the political situation in Aggar in the 14th century. Most (if not all) Sun Domes there were established the following century.

>My contention was that the SDT include these "other forces" within
>their own ranks. Your opinion is apparently different.

It is?

--Peter Metcalfe