Re: DRAGONEWT PLINTHS?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 12:26:04 -0700

> I am wondering what Dragonewt Plinths look like as I am about to do a
large painting of some Dragonewts standing before one.
> I have been unable to find anything written about them except for a brief
mention in Apple Lane. (I think they were mentioned in 'Dragon Pass' boardgame as part of the Dragonewt paths but I do not own a copy)
> Mick Rowe did some Bryce pics for me which I have now uploaded to the
files section of this groups webpage. His comments on them are below

Well, the actual "plinth" is the level part of the structure that the toroids are sitting on. I envision DN Plinths as flat "landing areas" without structures on them, but plenty of runes carved on the edge/top. Another thought is that they are like either Trilithons (the uprights-and-crosspieces of stonehenge), or dolmen/cromlechs (a capstone balanced on three or four stones like Kit's Coty). In any case, the "landing area" should be flat, rather than having any sort of structure (toroid or otherwise) on it.

Roderick