RE: Speaking of....[Re: Idea on gifts and geases]

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:02:05 +1000

> Now, my question is all about Yelmellian gifts and geas. They always
> struck me as a little odd, given the otherwise very standardized
> nature of the Yelmelian cult, or for that matter most solar cults.
> Additionally, now that we know about the Elmal/Yelmalia split we
> notice that there is nothing like it in the Elmal cult.

I think the actual reason is that it was a cool idea back when RQ2 was around. I know I always liked to play the cults that had gifts and geases...nothing like a Humakti with 4 gifts for a quick bash around character!

Mythically I wondered about this, because it kind of clashed with my idea for Humakti gifts (and that's why I didn't mention Yelmalio :-).

I like the idea that the heropaths aren't mapped out that clearly because it's a younger cult. I guess Humakt has been around in some form or other since the Dawn (for Heortlings, anyway), so the heropaths are much clearer. Someone will correct me, I'm sure, but Yelmalio hasn't been around much more than a century, has it?

That also leaves the way open for some player character to begin mapping the paths and become a true hero of the Cult.

Harry.