Re: Tattoos

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:39:27 +0100

> From: Nick_at_...
>Changing the tone slightly, I recall Greg's unpublished novel has a
>priest, >Brengon the Wild Man, who cut his arm off in order to be rid of
>his tattoos and >his link to Orlanth. Some tattoos are, indeed, magical
>talismans.

Makes sense. If you voluntary cut your magical/clan ties you are renouncing them - if someome does it to you you aren't, so merely removing the tatoo is not sufficient (you've got to want to remove it ... sounds like a lightbulb joke).

On a tangentially related point - I'd rule that intentionally maiming/killing yourself prevents (or at the very least makes very difficult) magical healing or ressurrection from Chalana Arroy.

Thom