Re: Re: Maps to the www.glorantha.com site

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:23:47 +0100 (BST)

Ian wrote:

> Towns, influenced by the Heortlander Sartar, are, IMO, different from
> the tribal and clan hill forts and villages, not simply just an
> expansion of them, but something influenced by outside forces.

I completely agree. This is *vital* to an understanding of the Kingdom of Sartar. Note too that places like Apple Lane are also part of "Sartar's Influence" rather than being natural/organic Heortling developments. I mean, c'mon, the Ulerian brothel's on the border between two tribes' lands and nobody's thought to carry them off yet?

> I like the sewers in Furthest in UW1, but I don't think they will
> be everywhere. Go with what you need.

Furthest is deliberately and extraordinarily un-Heortling. It's a recently founded model Pelorian city, bringing all mod cons to the barbarian provincials. I'd be astonished if anyone suggested proper sewers existed under any other city on the Dragon Pass map!

(NB: does not apply to relics of elder ages similar to or now serving as sewers, etc.)

Cheers, Nick