Re: Re: stinky towns

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 09:52:01 -0700

Indeed, anyplace that lets trollkin have reasonably free access won't have any problem with garbage piling up. The problem is in training them not to eat the lap-alynxes and the door posts.

I suspect the eating problem might be the other way round. :) Well, both-ways - I've always played that alynxes have a deep antagoonism to enlo, and devout endless energy to killing the litter kits.

The other problem with using stead or town enlo is that they breed... really breed. Under houses, in tunnels from the thunder boxes. inside your grain pits... everywhere. You wake up one morning and there are six hundred screaming and hungry enlo advancing like a swarm of giant locusts.

I like the idea of dung beetles among the thunder boxes though! Specially trained to roll the night soil out into the fields. Yeah, so the Elmali complains about letting Darkness into the stead. It's never stopped us before...

John
(still scarred from having been there, and done that with the stead enlo thingee).