Re: Re: Even more Humakti Honor.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:42:11 +1300

Morgan Conrad wrote:

>Peter writes:

> >Why should it? Yanafal isn't a Lunar Humakt-clone but a different
> >god altogether.

>Nobody claimed it is a clone, please drop the straw man argument.

No, but the assumption that Yanafal has the same death aura as Humakt rests upon the unspoken premise that Yanafal and Humakt are near identical. That's what I was highlighting.

>As to how "different" it is, that's what we are discussing.
>Yanafal was a Humakti who was "healed" by the Red Goddess.
>His mystical ties should be very close to Humakht.

If you think Yanafal is "healed" Humakt, then surely the lack of Humakt's death aura is a sign of his healed status?

IMO Yanafal is a god in his own right rather than being "healed" Humakt. The differences between the writeups of Yanafal and Humakt are so great that I think he has undergone a much more profound spiritual transformation than "being healed by the Goddess" implies.

>Likewise,
>IOT and Deezola have similar mystical ties as LM and CA.

Both Irrippi Ontor's and Deezola's cults bear numerous differences from Lhankor Mhy and Chalana Arroy. Deezola in particular was never a priestess of Chalana.

--Peter Metcalfe