Re: Advice

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:49:59 +1300

At 04:54 11/10/01 +0000, you wrote:

> >But looking
> >at the glorantha: intro, the Solars receive no more prominence
> >than the Provincials, the Carmanians or the Pelands.

>Dara Happans get 5 pages, more than any of the others. e.g.
>Pelendans (the other extreme) get 2.5.

Your original claim was that the HW material was "really emphasizing the Solar aspects of the Empire, not the Lunar." It was to that claim I was responding to.

> >The mythology of Gerra and Orogeria have been described
> >in the Entekosiad. There happens to be a constraint
> >known as space for the books.

>Many of us don't have ready access to this, and it's rather old. (Is
>it even in print?)

Hardly. It is a work-in-progress and has a copyright date of 1996. Regardless of whether you do have access to it or not, I do consider it more productive to ask questions (which is what this forum happens to be for) rather than engage in grumbling as you have been doing.

Gerra and Orogeria are not described in HW:RiG because full keywords were not given for them in HW:RiG. Gerra is almost useless for PC heroes because she is the goddess of suffering - she just sits and takes it.

>Instead, in just 2 randomly selected pages (123,125) we get
>Avarnia, the Goddess of raising fat quails, and two completely non-
>essential Kostaddi Gods.

This would be the glorantha: intro, no? That describes the _major_ and _prominent_ gods of those areas, rather than the gods suitable for heroes (which are not the same things). Avarnia, Gerendetho & Senkana are important because they are agricultural deities of Rinliddi and Kostaddi respectively. Not mentioning them would have been the equivalent of leaving Esrola and Barntar out of the Orlanthi material.

> >What Solar God of building military latrines has been detailed?

>Maybe you should get a sense of humor...

I have one, thank you. But comments like "...than obscure feats of the Solar god of building military latrines" or "...Goddess of birds pooping on fancy noble's carriages" fall well short of being either funny, constructive or both.

--Peter Metcalfe