Lunar Book ambitions

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:44:53 +0000

Morgan:
>>A draft, working definition of "important" is "cults Kallyr and her >>Lhankhor Mhy sage (sorry, forgot his name) have heard of".

Martin:
> This comment baffles me. To base your entire argument of what should be
> included in a LUNAR book on two ORLANTHI NPCs and their knowledge of the
> Empire is doing such a huge disservice to the people of the Empire and the
> people who want to play in the Heartlands and other areas, that I must think
> that you are pulling my leg. Otherwise the comment makes no sense. This is
> the LUNAR book we are writing. Not the "Kallyr and Minaryth go to the Empire
> on holiday" book! Which book are you taking about?

As far as I can see it, Morgan asks for the Book "The Lunar Empire in Dragon Pass", so he can go on playing in familiar turf, but with good detail knowledge on the Lunar characters in the region. This would definitely be an enrichment for Dragon Pass campaigns, but in Greg's larger scheme this doesn't figure as that important.

I think a "Strangers in ..." series building on Strangers in Prax would be a quite successful supplement series, and useful for local campaigns.