Re: Keywords, Trollpak

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:02:06 -0000

> IMHO stories and myths are more important than a complete set of
keywords for
> these sorts of deities ... though I'll take the keywords over
nothing any day.

Hmm, disagree quite strongly. I am rather cynical about pages and pages of "required reading" - its a game, damnit, not an anthropology course. If all I wanted was to read myths, I'd read real myths rather than fictional ones. Myths as game device are all very well, but I'd much rather have a more encapsulated, mechanically realised device than a page of text subject to a hundred interpretations. I want to know how the society actually does use these concepts, not how it might use them, and thus I would rather have a comprehensive keyword listing than acomprehensive "mythography".