Re: Re: Heortling men and their beards

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:13:40 -0800

> > It seems to me that Heortling men consider their beards a very
> > important part of their masculinity.

I wouldn't say "important" necesarily - certainly not at the Taliban or Sikh level of requiring them. I think beards are simply a normal part of life, lack of a beard marking you more as young than immasculated. Sure, the guys may make jokes about beardless men, but I don't think that if a man lost his beard he would be terribly distraught over it. "Baby-faced" would be an appelation for a beardless man, more so than "eunuch". I don't think the Heortlings equate "beard=balls".

RR