Re: Heortling men and their beards

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:24:40 +0000

> From: James.Hawkins_at_...
>It seems to me that Heortling men consider their beards a very
>important part of their masculinity.
>
>I'm dreaming up a scenario, and I'd like to know if I've got this
>right.

Yes. There are local differences in style etc. In my game the Silver Ridge (aka Gahlani) have a tradition among their Humakti of cutting off their long hair and cropping beards as part of the kin-severing. Apart from the obvious removal of marriage etc. status it also makes them look more unnatural. After the ceremony they are free to grow back beards, locks etc. Some do, some don't.

Thom