Re: Re: IG

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:16:37 +1300

> His "Time Investment" in all this is 10% compared to the Devotee's 60%
> (and noone below a devotee is likely to be using the "flashy" theistic
> feats...), and he isn't requiored to sacrifice items of value to power
> his magic...

I suspect that Malkioni who *do* need Theistic Feats (these poor souls probably lack the normal Wizardly support for some reason) might use the Missapplied Worship rules and sacrifice to Gerlant to gain more 'combat-useful' feats. In uncivilised places where the lower classes regularly face heathens without the support of powerful and organised wizardry such Misapplied Worship could become de rigeur. The populace might even continue to Venerate every holy-day, but at the same time Sacrifice to Gerlant (insert another appropriate saint here if preferred) in order to gain magic of immediate use.

Or I am still getting the wrong end of the stick...

--
John Machin
(trithemius_at_...)