Re: Re: Picking brains

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 08:21:05 -0600

From: "t_m_ellis" <tim_at_...>
| I thought Flashman had met them in "Flashman's Lady", but checking it
| seems that was Queen Ravalona (sp?) on Madagascar - IIRC she had a
| unit of Female soldiers too though

Flashy ran into the Dahomey amazons in one of the earlier books, which I can't remember, and I don't seem to be able to access any search engines at the moment. It was the one where he ships out on a slave ship, the Balliol College; the captain wants to take some of the amazons as slaves, but the women have other ideas. There are unexpected repercussions of this incident in the newest book, Flashman and the Tiger.

Guy