Re: Honeyhearthings

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:10:33 -0000

Me:
> Might not the local matriachy have 'bee' influences.

>I would certainly think that it could be appropriate for the
matriarch to have a series of year-marriages. I view the blood-line as being allies with the bees, and influenced by their allies over the centuries, but not necessarily idolizing bees--they could even view that as scandalous

Your right, best not get carried away turning them into bee-hsunchen instead of bee-lovers. Thanks for pulling me back into shallow water.

>Of course, that hasn't happened since the Pharoah took over. But of
a sudden a troll shows up, looking to purchase quite a lot of royal jelly, jelly that the mead-making bloodline would normally purchase, but this troll maybe has important knowledge to trade....

Yeah it is a nice plot hook.

> Yes, I'd think dancing would be a big part of their rituals. They
may also have a sign language based on the bees dances....

Though this may be going a bit too bee hsunchen, maybe some dances have special meanings though 'so he is courting Ernadela. He did the dance of the drones for her at the fair'. Could be a skill of XXXX the bee mother, the local Esrola subcult.

Ian Cooper