Re: Re: will write for fun

From: Usagi Yabu <goblinredux_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:28:58 -0500

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>

> Anything particularly special about the VIP?

Lunar Priestess (but that's a minor point at this point of mystery, so that's flexible... ...Dara Happan Bureaucrat, Retired Lunar General, Tax Inspector for the Imperial Fiscal Council... ...whatever).

I'll leave it up to you(nothing too spectacular.. ...lone child of a forgotten god or anything).

She is a distant relation of one of the PCs, so tends to treat him as the "leader" although he's not. Possible stress point in the group there, but I don't want it overblown.

As a Lunar Priestess it is possible for her to have a couple out-of-the-ordinary items

> Can she be killed off in episode 2 if necessary?

 Yes, sure, if you'd like. I'd prefer to avoid a murder-mystery (at least within the fortress), what little authority the PCs possess exists because of the VIP.

> Any major plot hooks dangling here which need to be catered for?

Al the characters are blind and deaf.

No, just kidding.

The game is new enough that nothing serious has been developed.

"Encroaching Evil" is probably the theme of the current game. There are dark forces at work behind the scenes, subtly manipulating events (and destabilizing the Dragon Pass region).

At this point if either a sub-commander of the garrison or a local villager was an "Agent of Dark Forces," that would be cool. Heck, if both were, that's be cool too. More Grima Wormtongue than Saruman though.

Open confrontation should be avoided, but if the group end up detecting and flushing the agent out that's okay... ...as long as his (?) perfidy seems personal and he's not carrying an "Evil Guild of Badness" business card.

The group is old/mature enough to handle flirtatious but uncommitted garrison commander's daughters or local farm girls looking for a way out of their one league by one league world. Neither is necessary, though.

Doug.

...wow, you've got me all "anticipating" now.