Re: Taking it _off_ the GD...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:43:39 -0800

> > So, cutting to the chase, what elements would feature in a Uroxi quest
> > for a zarur? I'd have thought this would have been the obvious
"Stormwalk
> > mountain and twisting the head off of something" quest, but the
published
> > stormwalk seems to take a very different take (it being an O. Rex quest,
and
> > accordingly somewhat taken up with the "taming the unruly big bro'"
aspect).

> This guy of course rides a Skybull. Basically I detailed the quest to
> his player (a lady, who does a magnificent job at it)
> =D But parhaps you want it a bit more complex. I just don't see a
> Stormbull / Urox quest as something all that subtle. It's got to be
> about strength and daring. Basically, about balls... and lots of
> shouting.

Well, using the mythlet from Anaxial 34, the Uroxi might want to father his own Skycalf (maybe after defeating the Bull of the herd). It would certainly give a new meaning to the "Relationship: Skybull" that a player records on his sheet!

Other alternatives are to befriend a 'bull during the darkness and help it save its herd form harm, or find some of the 'primal food' (whatever that may be!) that was lost during the Dark.

Roderick