Re: Re: Small Glorantha

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:08:49 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, simon_hibbs2 wrote:

<snip a good summary of the problem>
> Genertela is supposed to be the size of the continental USA, but
> I think most people imagine it to be about the size of Eurasia.
> My considered response to this problem is to ignore it, hope it
> goes away and pray that my players don't ask too many questions.

I suppose that's been my solution too. My games have been local, with some rather abstract travel at long distances.

Now I need those things to make sense (Empire is waging war, and I have PC:s in important positions in my game) so I'll have to start crunching the numbers.

If there's something helpful from the Issaries staff or the Glorantha community, I'd be very grateful.

Let's solve this problem. We just have to work out a sensible scale for the maps.

How big does the empire need to be to feel right, and be home for it's teeming 10 million?

How big should Genertela be? There's a map of the whole inner world in RQ-2 book (is it anywhere on the net?) How big is the inner world really?

        -Adept