Re: Re: Scenario idea

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:35:27 +0000

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:15:07 +0000, Paul Andrew King <paul_at_....uk> wrote:

>IMHO The people of Irontown ought to be low status individuals from a
>fairly regimented society. Malkioni make sense - especially the
>stricter sects. But I'm not sure that the Atroxi are numerous enough.
>The business about giving the miners a new place in society sounds
>Orlanthi to me. Could the miners be Aeolians converted to theistic
>Orlanth worship ?

I wanted to make the miners sorcerous and using magic to corrupt & destroy the local spirits. It needs something really nasty to have the effect seen in that spectacular opening scene (fabulous, I watched it 6 times before I even played the rest!), and I think Ethelrist's cronies might well fit the bill with their hell connections. To fit it into my clan campaign, the thing has to charge into the clan tula, north-west of the Upland marsh, just south of the Bush Range (we're technically outside true Sartar). I can see it making it there from the Bush Range or even Stinkwood, but not much further without marauding across someone else's territory. I think Atroxi in the Bush Range or Stinkwood is feasible, maybe they are runaways from Ethelrist, and stole their magic (they don't need much, they aren't the story!).

Wulf