Re: Re: Small Glorantha

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:55:08 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 16:08 24/01/02 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Let's solve this problem.
>
> What problem?
>
> >How big should Genertela be? There's a map of the whole inner world in
> >RQ-2 book (is it anywhere on the net?) How big is the inner world
> >really?
>
> Have a look at the Genertela Book. There you see the entire
> continent of Genertela imposed on a map of the United States.
> Since the small scale has been widely published for over ten
> years, there's little point in trying to change it.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

I'm sorry, but for me there seems to be a lot of point.

The _empire_ being the size of the island of Britain, and Sartar being a tiny county certainly doesn't seem to fit either the population figures, or the intuitive feel of Glorantha and it's history.

Upping the scale by a factor of four seems to do the trick.

I suspect most people will just continue to ignore the problem, which is of course quite a working solution. But if one needs to know the dimensions, then things go seriously wrong.

Anyway, it wasn't that hard to fix (just surprisingly hard to notice, too trusting with published material I guess)

        -Adept