Re: Re: Scenario idea

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:14:49 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, simon_hibbs2 wrote:

> > I wanted to make the miners sorcerous and using magic to corrupt &
> > destroy the local spirits. It needs something really nasty to have
> the
> > effect seen in that spectacular opening scene (fabulous, I watched
> it
> > 6 times before I even played the rest
>
> So far as I can remember, the miners were not directly responsible
> for corrupting the local spirits. The wild spirits chose to corrupt
> themselves in order to wreak vengeance on mankind in general.
>
> Simon Hibbs

Lady Eboshi (the leader and creator of the ironmine) had cut down the forest to fuel her furnaces.

The forest was sacred, and a minor god of the forest came to take vengeance so that the forest could reclaim the land.

Lady Eboshi's musket troops were too much for the god (She shot it herself), and the huge boar escaped in agony... and as it ran it changed into an undead horror to wreak it's vengeance on humanity.

The emperor wanted to gain immortality, and authorized a hunt for the great god of the forest. Lady Eboshi had warred with the gods of the forest anyway, so there was no direct conflict of interest there...

...of course it goes a bit complicated after that.

        -Adept