Re: Re: Scenario idea

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:59:03 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, bethexton wrote:

> > On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, wulfcorbett wrote:
> >

> > I would never let any of my gamers read these lists. Parhaps the
> > HW-rules, but that's all.
> >
> What???!!! But what if they come to love Glorantha and want to know
> it better and explore it outside of the game? Obviously it depends
> on your players and the group conventions....if they didn't really
> care, then it wouldn't be a big deal, but if they wanted to?

They don't want to look behind the scenes.

I forward them the bood bits, that don't disturb the game.

> No offense meant Mikko, I'm sure what your group does works for it,
> but I'd certainly have issues with any game master who tried to cut
> me off from back ground material.
>
> --Bryan

I don't. I personally play in a wonderful game set in Terry Amthor's Shadow World (Kulthea). And it's precicely because I know of the world that what my character knows, that I get so much enjoyment out of it.

There's a joy in finding things out as you encounter them.

In my game there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of surprises. It would be like reading the last page of a mystery book, or sneaking a peek at your presents on christmas.

I give my players _a_lot_ of background material about the area and culture they are playing in. But I don't give them the secrets of other people and cultures.

A guestion of gaming philosophy, I guess,

        -Adept