Heortland

From: Pete McAveney <mcaveney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:11:29 GMT

David Boatright:
>Then why attack Heortland. That place was so screwed from
>internal strife it who did it posed a threat too. And if the >Herotlings in
Sartar are so fragmented how could they possible
>be a threat to te Empire.

"Welluh course they're at each other's throats. Divide and conquer! That's the way it's done, kid ... you don't believe this just happened, do you? That sort of chaos has to be cultivated. Carefully. Whyduya think Richard was so surprised when we showed up in Karse? (laugh, wheeze) We were workin' all sides."

"You look at 'em now and wonder why we need to bother fighting 'em, but if we turned our backs for a week they'd have a new leader. Remember what happened to Palangio hereabouts in the old stories? We have to destroy ol' Windy, yank the rebellion out by the root, or else we'll be back here fighting 'em forever.  All it takes is one of these smelly sheep herders to declare himself a high king and they'll forget all about their feuds an' come after us. That's why we gotta hit 'em, and keep hitting 'em until they run out of leaders."

"Chaos? Disorder. I said disorder."