Re: Reincarnation (was "Chaotic Bat")

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:46:32 -0000

There are essence and godling ghosts too. A ghost is a dead persony who won't go away (or has come back)

> I don't think the afterlife is the same as the mythological ages.
> The ancestors don't go to the Storm Age, for example. They go
> to a part of Orlanth's Hall (or wherever) allocated to them,
> from which the Storm Age can be reached. I think the afterlife does
> have some experience of time in a recognisable form. Certainly the
> mythological ages are timeless, as you dscribe.

They are all in the same place - the Great Hall Whose Name I Cannot Pronouce Nor Spell. You can exit to those various ages from the Great Hall of Orlanth. The ancestors are there, the gods are there, heroes are there too (unless they are found elsewhere)

> I don't agree with this. As for ghosts visiting the middle world,
> reincarnated ancestors are nolonger in the halls of the dead,
> and their absence from there might be sued as a clue that something
> has happened to them (become a ghost, reincarnated, been bound by
> an enemy, etc.

I think I agree with you on this. I I think that an ancestor (who really doesn't have much independant existance as heortlings know it) reincarnates, they don't leave much behind in the Hall. They are gone till they come back.

Jeff