Re: Ethnic variations

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 20:02:16 +0000

> > Mikko Rintasaari:
> >
> > > But I'd love to hear other people's ideas on this. And other ethnic
> > > groups as well.
> >
> > In the first draft of Sorcerer Knights, the Loskalmi are described as
> > tall, slender, pale-skinned Wareran people, commonly with blond hair and
> > blue eyes.
>
> I see.
>
> I suppose I tend to think of the West as having more of an arabic
> flavor.

It has a blend of flavours, IMO, of which Arabic is certainly one. But the Loskalmi, living in the north, and with their potential for Aryan supremacy type riffs, are, IMO Nordic looking. The Seshnegi and Safelstrans are, IMO, shorter and darker - although if you really want dusky/tanned people, I suggest looking somewhere warm :-)

> Parhaps the feel of early Islamic states. High learning and
> mathematical capability and such.

This is all true, but doesn't IMO have much bearing on their physical appearance. There is no one single RW culture for which they are analogues, any more than their should be for any other Gloranthan race.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

MXLPs: 3 (Cap'n Q, Harvey Mills, Tim Hall)