Re: Re: Uz: Zorak Zoran

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 15:45:42 +1300

Charles Corrigan:

>ZZ strikes me as being a really damaged cult. As well as being an
>enemy to so many other pantheons, ZZ is also unique in appearing to
>have direct linkages to three elements - he is of the dark, he has
>stolen fire and there are also hints (can't remember where right now)
>that he is the Hell Roar - Orlanth's secret wind from below.

Zorak Zoran's Agent of Reprisal is Hell Roar, the "sound of the roaring winds of gloom and darkness that shroud the underworld". This connection's rather weaker than Zorak Zoran being Orlanth's Darkwind. AFAIK Hachrat Blowhard would be the troll deity that uses the Darkwind (Uz!ToG p33).

>Before Gbaji/Arkat, ZZ appears to have been a relatively innocuous
>troll war god.

Before Gbaji/Arkat, the Uz worshipped Zolan Zubar. Zorak Zoran appears to come from the enemy Zazakzor in Aldryami myth.

--Peter Metcalfe