Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:42:37 -0000

Too easy with augments, yes. I took a character with only 1 mastery (OK, 19W...) and calculated she could reach 4W3 using just the default augments (see below). Start at xW2 in the relevant abilities and you could reach xW4 pretty easily. Being able to add that much by augmentation seems too easy to me (and Harrek, meanwhile, could probably get to 10W6...).

Now, there is one small point in this. We were calculating augments for a Simple Contest, not an Extended. It was my interpretation that the only use a Follower could be in a Simple Contest, would be as an Augmentation, in which case 4 followers (at 11W) contribute a +12 augment! If this doesn't work (do they all count as Mundane Augments, and therefore you only get 1?), there less of a problem, but I can see no other way followers can be included in Simple Contests, and no reason why they should be ignored there.

Wulf