Re: Re: Stats of Kallyr and others

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:01:59 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, morganconrad wrote:

> "At least for me as a GM it is important to know what Kallyr
> Starbrow, or the Crimson Emperor, or Jareel Razoress are like. It's
> important to know what they can do, and what they can't."
>
> I completely agree with the first sentence. Knowing their apparent
> motivations and methods is useful. I completely disagree with the
> 2nd sentence. It takes away their mystery and menace.

Huh? I'm sorry but it doesn't follow.

I, the GM, will know what they can do. It's the players that get to enjoy the mystery and menace. Of course my gamers won't see the stats of Kallyr Starbrow, for instance.

If the want to know how tough she is, the can watch her fight and form their own opinion. Better watch her fight somebody else, though.

> And the true
> answer that they can do whatever the H**l the GM and Greg says they
> can do. Face it, giving the old AD&D Gods official powers and levels
> was a disaster and a joke! Too many "official" powers or limitations
> put on them in published works is a bad idea that will get Gregged.

As I said, it has worked excellently for the Shadow World, and I can't see why it would be a bad idea for Glorantha. I know I will need such stats for my game.

        -Adept