Re: Myths are not truth.

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:44:33 +0000

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:35:58 -0000, you wrote:

>Peter writes: "The Orlanthi (like most other cultures) believe their
>myths are _the_ truth"
>
>Sorry, absolutely wrong. The word "myth", by definition, means
>something untrue or not provable.

In that case perhaps we need a different word? Because as an Orlanth initiate I can become part of the myths and prove them true or untrue. I do it as part of every holy day or heroquest.

Alternatively we could just accept that in conventional English myth has acquired a particular loading which isn't applicable when talking about Glorantha.

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac