(no subject)

From: aranwyth_at_PVewGWOKu9NEQLqzMYemyRk_ML0SQG5557qlEHBkJbtIzb3SLku180LgiJf55zzDJ8b
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:17:03 -0000

Nick Brooke

>What are your moderation policies? Given the "Open" nature of this
>list, and the undirected, purposeless and indeed semi-pornographic
>nature of some of our banter, can you indicate what kind of
>behaviour you won't put up with?

I will put up with just about anything, just as long as it has a clear subject line. I am not some pant wetting net nanny.

>Do you intend to operate in the same way as the other Hero Wars
>lists (private warning => public warning => banning), or will you be
>more arbitrary and capricious? We can build a better community if
>everyone knows the rules. So far, "No death threats" seems to be
>it. "Personal ridicule" is OK, per the list description. (Which
>seems to have been written by someone semi-literate, but that's by
>the by).

I kicked someone with an email address of UWantFacials. Naturally I sent her\it your email details first.

>What is your policy regarding direct personal abuse directed at list
>moderators? Is it OK if we say afterwards that it was a mistake and
>we wish we'd sent it privately to somebody else? Could we call
>anyone on the list an "idiot bastard" and threaten to "get them", or
>would that look too much like a death threat?

Wait and see.

>Finally, what would your policy be if someone is moderated or banned
>from this list, then resubscribes using a different email address
>and continues to participate anonymously? And what would you do if
>you inadvertently discovered this (say, through a combination of a
>bloody obvious email name *and* noticeable illiteracy, coupled with
>personal grudges which only one person would reasonably bear)?

Or in another case where its bloody obvious the person has in office access and at home access.

>I think there's reasonable answers to all these questions, but I
>look forward to learning your take on them, to compare and contrast.

When have you ever let reason intrude into anything you do?