Re: [OpenHeroWars] re:

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_kHa_ytICB4X877F25htNeOOwutKUnpfOqIgly59WcXjOHS0B272BPf2gzec5Urtn3RFI>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:35:44 -0500

At 10:15 AM 06/15/2001, you wrote:
> >No its not. I have long lists of people who are doing this much or
> >more. Not that running demos ain't appreciated, but when we see a
> >full colour, lovingly bound, 196 page fanzine detailing your
> >infamous take on the Aranwyth you might be getting closer to the
> >sort of contribution Simon Bray, Mark Galeotti, the whole Tales
> >crew, Ian Thomson, the Chaos Society, and numerous othersd have
> >made. Stuff for the web site would also be a step in the right
> >direction. How about it? Sorry, was I being serious? I'd better
> >moderate myself...Cheers,Graham
>
>Ok no problem Graham, as my efforts are so completely inadequate I
>will cancel the demo's I had planned. It will save me the bother of
>hauling the books over to the States with me.

I guess you might have missed the part you quoted above that said, "Not that running demos ain't appreciated"; I don't see how you draw the conclusion that your efforts are being dismissed.

>BTW is Greg Stafford aware of how little you think of people who run
>demo games at Cons. My sympathies to those who decide to run demos
>for you at GenCon if such people actually exist.

He didn't say that people who ran demo games were not significant. He did rebut your statement that you were doing as much or more than most of the people on the mailing lists; running a few demos is not in the same league as actually producing material for Hero Wars. Both efforts are neded, however.

Guy Hoyle, waiting in my yurt for my windmill to be blown up.