Re: [OpenHeroWars] Digest Number 55

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_Bb8xl4apMbw76Ist730mSdAoFypoWWu3-8Tk0njT0htmRYVPv_DwVzVwnTM_ntC8YCMN>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:36:10 +1100

Understood. It's getting harder and harder to make light of this. Our own Australian prime miniature, Deputy Slick, closed down Question Time in Parliament after announcing what everyone had known since early January - we're following Bush anywhere and take our orders from the White House. What is even more unbelievable is that he wouldn't allow questions even in his own party room. Every other political party is agin it, but so far not a single government backbencher has stood against the Rodent's decision. The UK at least seems to be maintaining a healthy show of open debate.

Popular feeling against the war is around 80% here, with mass demos everywhere. The press are primarily with Bush and the Coalition of the Willies - all Murdoch's papers are for the war, naturally. Thank god for the web. Frrr instance:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/

John