Another pile of meandering, pointless, boring wank from Julian Lord

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_iGAiUkACrKSR4AiVnxMyKX3bNGE8kSFr21Ylhx-fcnNehjrmUZqhep5vU9yFUlPSyqdp-6>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:59:59 +0200

On 8 Apr 2003 at 11:35, Graham Robinson wrote:

> > the useless bloody OpenHeroWars list AKA hole that Mr. Robinson
> > doesn't
> > like (yuck!)
>
> Actually Julian I love this list.

:-)

> Gives me the chance to ask questions
> like :
>
> What the fuck is your problem?

Don't have one.

> What have you got against the Digest?

Nothing.

> I've never once stomped on any of your threads however much of a
> meandering, pointless, boring pile of wank they may have been. Now I
> understand that poor Jane deary can't stand having to scroll down and
> delete more than a couple of lines, but what's with you? The threads
> you want are *perfect* for the digest. Are you just being an arse for
> the fun of it? I don't get it.

I've said it before : the point is that threads get killed by the moderators of **other** lists, and don't make it to the GD, not as you suggested that there was nothing in them in the first place, but because many people (most?) are allergic to the GD.

What about threads discussing OOP sources and how to actually use them in actual HQ games ?

What about talking about info in, say, the RuneQuest Companion **without** wanting to dissect it or have it dissected GD-style, just get the juicy bits out and use them ?

Or any other similar threads that don't meet the criteria of acceptability for HeroQuest-RPG but are, nonetheless, of interest/use for some people who happen not to be GD-enthusiasts ?

OK, we've got this handy hole to dump our flame wars into, but that's not enough IMO.

Anyway, Graham, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I must admit to not being particularly impressed with your attitude that no other MLs are permissible, no matter what anyone else thinks about it or what kinds of discussions they want to have with other members of the Tribe, Rules of the Road notwithstanding.

"Take it to the GD" almost never works.

I don't know why, and frankly I don't care.

But it is a fact that certain threads are killed, and certain forms of discussion are effectively verboten.

I realise that this is no-one's intention, and therefore no-one's fault. I point no fingers.

Let me say that the thread-killing that takes place on HeroQuest-RPG is almost always justified and A Good Thing.

Nevertheless, certain kinds of discussion are effectively ruled out in the current situation, pious intentions notwithstanding.

I've decided to see whether a new ML is the solution or not.

Having a great big flame war about it will, may I point out, solve NOTHING. But something IMHO needs to be solved.

cheers,

Julian