Re: [OpenHeroWars] Lists stuff

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_Ch7OOOMJrlPBnRssfKy3Cp1ghOlGlQypYVgdFHnphz2imMwQSYqxqJKyRaW8m7mhy8ZKT>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:23:56 +0100

> > There is no hole, just some people who have (for reasons I'm not sure
> > even they understand) abused the digest's open charter to induldge
> > their extreme discussions, and now believe that this is all it is and
> > all it can be.
>
>??
>
>What's extreme about the Carmanian thread, for instance ?

You missed the point. Some people (yourself included, possibly inadvertantly) have given the impression that threads like the Carmanian one are not "normal" for the digest. The first post to your list mentioned "this isn't esoteric enough for the Digest". Bzz. Wrong. No such thing.

>Graham, can't you see that I don't think there's anything wrong
>with the GD ?

Your actions suggest otherwise. The discussions you want to find a home for, have one. The Digest.

> > Effectively, I see you as making a bid to
> > take over the digest, because I won't be running a digest doomed to
> > your very negative view of its roll.
>
>My view of the GD's role isn't so negative as you suggest.
>
>Hell, maybe I should just rename my list HQ-Marginalia or something,
>that's what it's intended as ...

Its still not needed. The Digest is the home for marginalia too...

You should have today's digest by now. Lets sort this out properly.

--
Graham Robinson
graham_at_GJKdkzaqWQJ0IOUyU30YxGheUo3Nx9gYV2RJwcFKRx8SV0bZ2VGwowQViKv4xNEY3eUKA5-U-0F6ggLQx3SJjA.yahoo.invalid

Albion Software Engineering Ltd.