More List stuff

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_QkLC07Np-1fc_xgNWTT7_Pu-ZA23khlP3E9-fyFngiBbC84wnHJwifAKC2twvV4Dw9X_Pa>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:21:15 +0200

Graham :

> 1. Someone starts a topic on HQ.
> 2. It begins or becomes something clearly unsuited to the HQ list. 3.
> Someone suggests moving it to the Digest. 4. [Optional] Part of the
> discussion moves to the digest, where it is ignored by the people who
> would rather carry out all discussions on the HQ list. Often the
> movement carries so little context with it that the people who are
> only on the Digest are left baffled. 5. Someone complains that "I
> don't want this taken to the digest" normally for very poor reasons.
> 6. Someone else carries on posting to the HQ list anyway. 7. Repeat
> 3-6 as needed for everyone to become sick to the back teeth of the
> thread anyway, 8. Thread dies.
>
> If part 4 is replaced with "entire discussion moves swiftly to the
> Digest" the result is very different. cf "Rune metals for Storm"
> thread for an example.

I agree 100% with this analysis, but that still looks like a big "if". It usually doesn't happen.

Also, I've the definite impression that the nature of the Runic metals discussion was altered when it was taken there. Less input from relative newbies frex.

(Hmmm ... this is turning into a "discussion"**, so it's on the wrong list. Elsewhere. Later.)

cheers,

Julian