Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: An innocent question ...

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_7-lBsF-WBzxd3WBjI7NkefW_nML34ftX30UeiDf0aeUB7Fw9UUAZlkberNYcyZ3UeX2a9Q>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 23:11:42 +0200

Joerg :

> > Does anyone know what "Commander-in-Chief"
> > would be in German ?
>
> Oberbefehlshaber ("he who has top command")
>
> I think the word you were looking for translates as "leader" with
> capital L.

Well hey, you name it : whether it's Caesar, Kaiser, Tsar, Fuehrer, Prime Minister, President, Commander-in-Chief, Filius Lunae Imperator, Argrath, El Jeffe, Immoderator, Greg Stafford, CO, Pharaoh, my general impression is that all these terms can be translated as Leader with a capital "L" ...

Or Fuehrer with a capital "F" ...

Hopefully not too snide with a lower-case "s" ...

> > Enquiring minds wish to know ...
>
> In case of German phrases, ask one of the (bloody-minded militarist
> bleeding-heart pacifist) Krauts.

Ooh, Old Europeans ?!

***shudder*** ... ***

Almighty All-American God forbid !!