Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Rant number 1, 2 & 3

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_bwAoBb5wk9BRfgv9svik3jCAAIveG7ogivs9Nqts0k6mndOnfiFtyMDyvracD8ong4iq7>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:15:11 +0100

Speaking as the Digest owner...

>Why does the digest have to remain on such an antiquated system, is
>old and cranky somehow more elitist?

The digest is not elitist. The digest is inclusive. I also have no idea what you mean by "antiquated"? Exactly what feature is missing?

>Why does everyone persist on quoting heavily, thereby making threads
>unreadable when you look back?

Because they're arses.

>Why does HQ-rpg have to have such a narrow and limited outlook these
>days, with all this "don't scare away the newbies" crap?

Glorantha is apparently "scary". We need newbies, therefore we need somewhere that doesn't scare them.

--
Graham Robinson
graham_at_P0QnG-WlSjhF_3zA2OpAuWEoG31_bsC6A4AfeQiF6jFcPXiwAHTJdVkbImB4xf4yvQV-u0l9KtHgbf4u.yahoo.invalid

Albion Software Engineering Ltd.